Friday, July 22, 2011

My New Website

After years of thinking about a website and then listing all the reasons I shouldn't, this time I decided to go for it. I decided to put up a website for my music. If for nothing else but to satisfy my own desire and to be able to say I have a website, and when I'm older I remember when I had a website.

With the prices of hosting and the cost of domains, it really is a good time to try it out. Not only that the web design software that is available is easy to use. My hosting service has several available from easy to advanced. It only took me minutes to get my site up and running.

One concern I had was a store to digitally sell my music. That concern was addressed by a friend of mine Ken Bonfield, who mentioned Nimbit. Nimbit has 3 plans http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifavailhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifable. The free plan allows you to sell your digital albums and gives you a store. This is the plan I choose for now. I can always choose to upgrade to the Indie or Pro account, both of which have more services available.

Overall I'm glad I went ahead and put up a website. There is still that side of me that wonders why I spent the money on it knowing that very few people follow my music. I'm thinking maybe it was my poor man's mid-life crisis. I can't afford the sports car or the really nice mandolin so this is my splurge. Then again it could be that I really have nothing to loose by doing it, and if I get a few new fans or sell a book or album here and there all the better.

Here is the link to my site Terry Lewis, Mandolinist

No comments: