Monday, July 11, 2011

Saying Goodbye To A Good Friend


Due to some financial challenges and a new baby on the way I decided to sell off one of my Holst mandolins. It is a blonde Holst with tortoise binding, cocobolo and ebony accents with curly maple around the fretboard. Top is red spruce and back is red maple, with Tone bar bracing.

This mandolin was my first small shop builder mandolin. A real beauty. Not only in looks but also in tone and playability. It inspired me to new height in playing and music. Not just another mandolin in my search for the best, but one of the best.

As much as I really hate to see it go it is going to it's new home in NY, where I hope the new owner appreciates how special it is. I hope too that more people will be exposed to Steve Holst's work. He builds playable work of art.

1 comment:

diptanshu roy said...

real sweet!